The Magnus®-S3 M3E Sensor IC (Integrated Circuit) employs Smart Passive Sensing™ technology to enable a new class of maintenance-free and battery-free sensors. The Magnus-S3 M3E can be configured for low-cost sensors that monitor temperature, moisture, and proximity.
A fully compliant sensor is built by combining the Magnus-S3 M3E IC with a low-cost foil antenna. The Magnus-S3 M3E IC can be read by EPC class 1 gen 2 v2.0.1 and ISO/IEC 18000-6C compliant readers.
- Temperature applications
- Moisture applications
- Proximity applications
- Passive wireless sensor IC
- On-chip temperature sensor
- On-chip RSSI sensor
- On-chip RF sensor
- Adaptive RF front-end
- Maintains consistent performance
- Mitigates antenna detuning
- Battery-free wireless operation
- Worldwide UHF from 860 to 960 MHz
- Meets EPCglobal™ Gen2 (v. 2.0.1)
- Meets ISO/IEC 18000-6C
- User-accessible memory
- 64-bit unique Tag ID (read-only)
- 128-bit EPC
- 128-bit user memory
- Extended temperature range -40 °C to +85 °C
The Magnus-S3 M3E IC incorporates two sensors:
- An on-chip Received Signal Strength Indicator RSSI monitor indicates the amount of RF power reaching the chip. The generated RSSI CODE can be used to filter large populations of sensors. It also allows the wireless reader to manage its output power for optimum sensor performance.
- The on-chip temperature sensor generates a TEMPERATURE CODE data value proportional to the temperature. The IC can be calibrated to provide precise temperature measurements.